On the 31st May 2010 Southern Right Charters went out on our first boat based whale watching trip of the 2010 whale season in Hermanus.
Since then number of the Southern Right whales have increased in the bay, with well over 30 sightings of Southern Right Whales from our boat. Guests who have joined us whale watching this month have seen some fantastic sights, including close encounters with Southern Right whales coming right up to the boat, as well as spectacular breaches in close proximity,
one trip in particular was amazing with a Humpback whale breaching a mere metre or two from the boat, for the guests on board – this was definitely an experience to be treasured. June and July are excellent for seeing the migrating Humpback whales
June Sightings with Southern Right Charters:
* Large pods of common & bottlenose dolphins have been spotted on 5 of our trips this month
* 42 sightings of Southern Right Whales, some in groups of 2 – 3.
* 18 Sightings of Humpback whales, – some in groups of 3 – 4.
* 22 sightings of the Bryde’s whale.
* Many marine birds, including the Albatross, and other marine life such as penguins & seals also spotted