Designed to ensure passenger comfort and superior stability.
The different areas of our whale watching boat offer spectacular viewing opportunities.
Move around freely, from the side and front decks giving that up close view with marine life, the sun deck above giving you a more panoramic view, and interior areas for more protected viewing – options are endless and the boat is yours to explore.
- Twin hulls of the catamaran provide optimum stability.
- Enclosed areas for protection from sea spray and weather conditions.
- Surround-sound PA system for optimum communication by the whale specialist guide on board.
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating throughout.
- No designated seating, you can move around the boat during the tour.
- Modern ladies and gents toilets on board.
- LCD Screen to preview your Whale Tour movie before purchasing.
- Unlimited water re-fill station onboard
Our whale watching boat not only complies but is equipped significantly above the South African Marine Safety Association (SAMSA) regulations. Southern Right Charters Management and Crew are committed to achieving and maintaining a high standard of health and safety both on land and at sea. We strive to set the standards of a safe boat-based operation, going beyond our legal obligations to manage any potential risks effectively and provide a safe environment for all involved.
The crew are well versed and trained in all aspects of safety of life at sea – with decades of experience on board, our highly capable crew will take you out with your safety being their number one priority.
Our vessel rating requires that all children 12 years or under must wear a life jacket whilst on board. These will be supplied and fitted on arrival at our booking office. For adults it is optional to wear a life jacket, how to don the life jacket and where they are situated on the boat is demonstrated to our guests on boarding the boat.
Safety Features above and beyond standard requirements:
- EPIRB (the only vessel in the area to have this onboard)
- Fully enclosed life rafts onboard
- Dual navigation system
- Dual steering system
- Radar system
- PA throughout vessel
- Man overboard retrieval kit
- Auxiliary fire pump & fire suppression system
Take advantage of different viewing levels
FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE PHOTOS