Our whale watching boat was purpose built to ensure maximum passenger comfort and superior stability. The different areas offers spectacular viewing opportunities for our Hermanus whale cruises, with the side and front deck giving that up close view of the whale and sun deck above giving you that panoramic view of the entire whale.
Southern Right Charters is licensed to carry 70 passengers and 5 crew members on Hermanus whale cruises.
- Twin hulls of the catamaran provide optimum stability
- Enclosed areas for protection from sea spray and weather conditions.
- Surround- sound public address system for optimum communication by the whale specialist guide on board.
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating throughout.
- No designated seating, you can move around the boat during the tour
- Modern ladies and gents toilets on board
- LCD Screen to preview your Whale Tour movie before purchasing
- Refreshments bar on board – No alcohol is permitted on whale watching trips as per permit regulations; however the bar is licensed and fully stocked for scenic and private cruises out of whale season.
Safety is a priority during all Hermanus whale cruise and focus is on ensuring that the experience is conducted in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
Our whale watching boat not only complies but is equipped above the South African Marine Safety Association (SAMSA) regulations. Southern Right Charters Management and Crew are committed to achieving and maintaining a high standard of health and safety both on land and at sea. We will always strive to set the standards of a safe boat-based operation, going beyond our legal obligations to manage any potential risks effectively and provide a safe environment for all involved.
The crew are well versed and trained in all aspects of safety of life at sea. Our vessel rating requires that all children under 12 years of age must wear a life jacket whilst on board. These will be supplied and fitted on arrival at our booking office. For adults it is optional to wear a life jacket, how to don the life jacket and where they are situated on the boat is demonstrated to our guests on boarding the boat.